Fascinating Activities to Enjoy while Travelling around Chandigarh
If you want to view a human marvel, then head to Chandigarh. It’s that successful project of the Swiss architect – Le Corbusier — that makes the world admire its beauty till date. The planned gardens, calm lakes, perfect buildings, and smooth roads are enough to provide you a rejuvenating time when you visit here. And since the roads are so amazing, a road trip here is highly recommended.
A visit to this dream city is certainly going to be the most amazing experience of your life. Apart from visiting the local tourist attractions here, there are lots of exciting things to do in Chandigarh. And this is not all, you can even visit the areas around the city which are equally captivating and shall take the awesomeness quotient of your journey one notch up.
Important things to keep in mind when travelling in and around Chandigarh!
- Best time to travel to Chandigarh — Chandigarh lies in the Northern part of India. That is why the weather here is never extremely hot and even the monsoons are not that extreme. But still, the best time to travel in Chandigarh is during the winters that is from October to January.
- Types of visits recommended in Chandigarh—The road trips in and around Chandigarh consists of various sightseeing experiences, adventurous destinations, religious trips, wildlife interests, and cultural attractions.
Explore Chandigarh with the best things to do in and around the city!
- The boat ride at the Sukhna Lake
- Enjoy a leisure time at the Leisure Valley
- Elante Mall
- Go for the Timber Trail at Parwanoo
- Update your knowledge and heal your body at the Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre
- Admire the sculptures at the Rock Garden
- Enjoy cultural treat at the Tagore Theatre
- Admire the natural beauty at the Garden of Fragrance
- View the Open Hand Monument
- Enjoy the architectural marvel – The Tower of Shadows
- Relive the Mughal Era with Pinjore Gardens
- Get impressed at the Le Corbusier Centre
Even if you spend your time chatting with the local hospitable crowd of this city, you’ll definitely enjoy your time in the most joyous way. But since you are heading to this location to enjoy a holiday away from home, check the places to visit in Chandigarh and also what you can do to spend your time in the best way here:
1. The boat ride at the Sukhna Lake
The ever enchanting Sukhna Lake of Chandigarh is located at the foothills of Himalayas. This lake provides a wide and captivating view of the nature around it. Though the especially imported mini cruise ship from Japan has become extremely popular, people still enjoy the experience of a tranquil shikara or boat ride in Chandigarh in this lake. You may even enjoy a scrumptious view in a local café as you admire the panoramic view. And this isn’t enough, the wildlife sanctuary located at the northeastern side of this lake is something worthy to explore.
2. Enjoy a leisure time at the Leisure Valley
Craving for a peaceful stroll? Visit the very impressive Leisure Valley in Chandigarh. It’s totally a magnetic location with lots of beautiful plantations and finely maintained landscape. Spend a calm evening in this valley or simply take a morning stroll here, both would definitely rejuvenate your soul completely.
3. Elante Mall
You’ll be surprise to know that the second biggest mall of North India is located in Chandigarh and is called the Elante Mall. From the traditional items to the handcrafted exclusive products and branded materials – you get it all out there. Enjoy a fabulous shopping experience in Chandigarh by visiting this fantastic mall.
4. Go for the Timber Trail at Parwanoo
For adventure-loving souls, Chandigarh has this admirable location – Parwanoo — which has everything to keep you excited and enthralled. From the trekking grounds to the cable car tour and more, your heart shall keep craving more when you finally bid adieu Parwanoo.
5. Update your knowledge and heal your body at the Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre
If natural healing entices you, then head to Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre. You’ll get a nice treatment of this centuries-old science of nature. And this isn’t all, you can even brush up your knowledge about the same when you are here.
6. Admire the sculptures at the Rock Garden
You don’t know about Chandigarh well if you aren’t aware of the Rock Garden situated here. It’s a fascinating garden full of excellent sculptures created from rubble and debris. And you’ll be surprised to know that these are hundred percent handmade and look absolutely perfect.
7. Enjoy cultural treat at the Tagore Theatre
Literature and culture can make you ask for more. So, if you want to enjoy the amazing cultural shows, watch the traditional dance and listen to that soothing classical music, then simply visit the Tagore Theatre in Chandigarh. It’s an absolutely comfortable space providing you these treats everyday.
8. Admire the natural beauty at the Garden of Fragrance
Have you heard about the Garden of Fragrance in Chandigarh? It’s a really lovely natural garden with some really admirable natural beauty all around. And if you are lucky enough, you’ll even spot some rare herbs when you are here.
9. View the Open Hand Monument
One of the most famous tourist attractions of this city, the Open Hand Monument, is definitely worth a visit when you are in Chandigarh. It defines the value of giving and taking, peace and unity, and was built when the city was designed decades back.
10. Enjoy the architectural marvel – The Tower of Shadows
We all know that the infrastructure of Chandigarh is much talked about. And one of the most prominent proofs of it is the Tower of Shadows. The perfect location of this statue plays dramatically with sun and lights and provides a perfect backdrop for your Instagram worthy images.
11. Relive the Mughal Era with Pinjore Gardens
The Pinjore Garden is actually a restored Mughal monument consisting of a beautiful garden, scattered castles, vast yards, and even a zoo. You’ll love reliving the exotic time of the grand Mughal era when you walk around this garden. And clicking pictures around the fountain in this garden is going to give you a beautiful profile picture for your Social Media handles.
12. Get impressed at the Le Corbusier Centre
This is a really marvellous centre dedicated to the great designer of Chandigarh, Le Corbusier. You’ll find his awesome work framed and showed off in an impressive way in this centre. You’ll truly get inspired looking at the collection available here.
We are sure you have already planned the schedule of your trip to Chandigarh as per the places and things to do mentioned above. And if you aren’t still satisfied, then there are some really fascinating camping sites around Chandigarh to explore like the Shivalik Foothills – presenting the rare fossils of dinosaurs, Kalka – a relaxing place to camp, Dharampur – an enchanting location, Morni Hills –displaying calm lakes and lovely meadows, and Kasauli — the most famous camping centre of the North. And when heading to all these locations, get a car rental from Revv in Chandigarh for an unstoppable journey.