You should be thinking about the Car Subscription
Ever since February 2020, the world is not the same anymore. The pandemic has changed the way people used to go outside and have fun. Nobody cared before taking public transport. However, now private vehicles are the safest, and boarding public transport is no less than a risk. But buying a car can be expensive for many people and it also demands a long-term commitment. Well, if you want to have a car but do not want to spend a lot of money right now, you can opt for a car subscription.
Table of Contents
- What is a car subscription?
- How to get a car Subscription?
- What are the requirements for a car subscription?
- Pros and cons of car subscription
- Things you should look for while subscribing a car
What is a car subscription?
A car subscription is just like taking a house on rent. You pay the monthly subscription fee on a particular date. Not paying on the specific date may add some penalty to your actual monthly charges. Costs for servicing, maintenance, vehicle taxes, and insurance are included in the monthly charges and you will only need to pay for the fuel. The subscriber also has to pay for the car wash as it is not included in the package. Car subscriptions come with a short-term contract which ranges from 1 month to 36 months. For example, if you are taking a Revv car subscription, the minimum subscription period for a used car will be 1 month. If you want to use the car even after the subscription period is over, you can easily do that by getting the subscription period extended. The subscription fee starts from at least INR 10,000. The fee structure changes as per the model and brand of the car as well as the city in which you are taking the subscription.
How to get a car Subscription?
There are many companies these days that offer car subscriptions in India. They offer a wide range of cars from various models and brands. You need to follow these steps to get the car subscription.
- Visit the website of the car subscription company that you intend to take the subscription from.
- Now choose your city, the make, and model of the car, and reserve it online.
- You will get a call from the company and may get asked about your preferences and basic KYC. They will also share some important information with you.
- All the parts of the car are checked, and it undergoes a deep cleaning and sanitization process.
- After the cleaning and sanitization process is properly done, the car is delivered at the doorstep of the subscriber by a driver who is wearing a mask, gloves, and even a PPE kit.
- The company takes care of the routine service and even the insurance claims, as per the contract.
- You can return the car anytime or even extend the subscription period.
What are the requirements for a car subscription?on
- The subscriber has to be a minimum of 18 years old.
- A nominal registration fee has to be paid for the first-time subscription; though it depends upon the provider.
- Indian residential ID proof will be required.
- An Indian driving license will be required.
Pros and cons of car subscription
There are several benefits of Car Subscription, especially if you are opting for Revv cars. A few of them are as follows:
- No down payment and only a monthly fee.
- Maintenance charges and insurance claims are included in the monthly fee.
- You can switch to a new model of a car once your term is over.
- Short-term contract.
- Hassle-free registration process.
Just like the pros, there are some cons to taking a car subscription. Here are a few mentioned:
- If you return the car before the term is over, you may have to pay some extra money too.
- The car subscription services are not yet available in every city of the country.
Things you should look for while subscribing a car
The easiest way of having a car without investing a lot of money is by taking a car subscription. It is always wise to compare the monthly fees of various providers before deciding a particular company. Do ensure to go for one of the well-known and premier companies in this field such as Revv. However, there are a few questions that you should ask the provider before you decide to opt for their services and take a car on subscription.
- If you need to make any down payment for the subscription.
- The kilometer limit, if any
- How many kilometers the car has already driven.
- If there are any latest offers.
- If the car is insured, and what does the insurance cover.
- If the car can be delivered to the address that you want it to be delivered to.
- Whether the model you are looking for is available or not.
- How long it will take to deliver the car to your address.
The idea of car subscription is excellent and many people in India are showing interest in subscribing to a car, instead of buying one. This is very helpful for those who want it for the short term. One of the most trusted car subscription providers is Revv. You can visit their site and come across a wide variety of cars from several models and brands. The car subscription charges in Revv starts at INR 10, 499. You can get in touch with them at your convenience and discuss all the Dos and Dont’s that you would need to follow to take the car subscription services. Once you have taken a car subscription you can appreciate the affordable convenience that comes with having a trusty vehicle at your disposal.