Pune is one of the most beautiful cities of India, well known for its cultural heritage. It is a city that has seen history being made, but the city also is a hub for the youth with an active nightlife. One of the best parts about the city is that there is plenty of holiday spot near Pune that one can visit easily. If you happen to be in the city around the end of the year, you can also take part in some great new year celebrations around Pune. If you are interested in this, you can try our recommendations for new year party destinations around Pune for a great time. Here are some of the best new year celebrations around Pune that you simply can’t miss this December.
10 Best new year celebrations near Pune
Lavasa is one of the best places near Pune in winter that you must visit. It is a manmade hill station that you can travel to by road. The landscape here is attractive and the place is filled with greenery. You must visit the water parks here and indulge in several adventure activities. This is a great option for people who want to celebrate the new year differently.
- Distance from Pune: 58 km
- Things to do: Visit Dasve Lake, Dasve Bird Viewing Gallery, Lavasa Nature Trail, indulge in Lavasa Lakeshore Watersports
While you are looking for the best destination near Pune in December, you can consider Kamshet. The place is known for its scenic beauty. You can also indulge in various types of adventure activities which will keep you super entertained throughout new year’s eve.
- Distance from Pune: 45 km
- Things to do: Visit Pawna Lake, Explore Bedsa Caves and Bhairi Caves, Visit Kondeshwar Temple, Try Paragliding
If you are looking for sightseeing places near Pune, Lonavala is the right choice for you. This hill station near Pune is popular for its verdant hills, gorgeous cascading waterfalls, and striking points. Once you are done sightseeing, you can go trekking and hiking in the hills. The trekking experience in Lonavala is one of a kind because of the trails and of course the weather.
- Distance from Pune: 70 km
- Things to do: Visit Lonavala Lake, Kune Falls, Della Adventure Park, Lion Point, Tungarli Lake
If you do not intend to travel too far but want a break from the city life on new year’s eve, you can heat to Lohagad. The scenic beauty of this place is mesmerizing. Once you are here, you can explore the caves as well as forts. This is a great place if you want a quick break from the monotonous life.
- Distance from Pune: 64 km
- Things to do: Visit Bhaja Buddhist Caves, Karla Buddha Caves, Pawna Lake, Visapur Killa, Bhushi Dam, etc.
Best known for river rafting, Kolad is also one of the best tourist places near Pune. This is actually an apt place for adventure enthusiasts who want some thrilling experience during their new year holidays. Apart from rafting, you can also sit by the lakes here and relax.
- Distance from Pune: 117 km
- Things to do: Visit Dolwahal Dam, Ghera Surgad Fort, etc.
If you are fond of greenery, then Mahabaleshwar is the place that you choose for your new year’s holidays. While you are here, you must visit Venna Lake which remains under fog the entire winter season. You can also visit the strawberry farm and see the farming process. You can also get as many strawberries as you want from this farm.
- Distance from Pune: 125 km
- Things to do: Visit Pratapgad Fort, Venna Lake, Mapro Garden, Kates Point, Lodwick Point, Elphinstone Point, etc.
Mulshi Dam is one of the apt places near Pune for yearend holidays, especially if you want a calming experience. If you are fond of walking, visiting Mulshi will help you to take long walks. And when you are tired, you can simply sit at a café and grab a mug of coffee and unwind. Mulshi is a great option for people who want to go on a short holiday.
- Distance from Pune: 50 km
- Things to do: Visit Mulshi Dam, Tamhini Ghat, Mulshi Lake, Temghar Dam, Fort Kailasgad
Matheran is certainly an absolutely perfect place for nature lovers. However, did you know that automobile is banned here? This also means that even if you are on a road trip, you cannot take your car to this place. Well, do not fret because you can enjoy the toy train ride.
- Distance from Pune: 120 km
- Things to do: Visit Charlotte Lake, One Tree Hill Point, Panorama Point, Echo Point
Shirdi is one of the options that you can opt for so that you can start your new year with the blessings of Sai Baba. You must visit this place if you have been seeking peace lately.
- Distance from Pune: 200 km
- Things to do: Visit Dwarkamai, Sai Heritage Village, Sai Baba Temple, Dixit Wada Museum, etc.
Last but not the least, Mumbai is an awesome option if you want to spend your new year’s eve pubbing, boozing, and grooving. You can visit all the top pubs and party places in the city to start your new year on a fun note.
- Distance from Pune: 146 km
- Things to do: Visit Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Marine Drive, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, etc.
While you are going to these places to enjoy the day to the fullest, you can take a safe car for rent from Pune. If you are looking for a car rental in Pune, you can contact Revv. The company will enable you to choose a car that you prefer and at affordable rates. So go ahead and download the Revv app on your smartphone today itself and check out the available cars.