‘Dev Bhoomi’, Uttarakhand is one of the best states in India if you are looking forward to a wonderful vacation with your family or friends. And while you are choosing Uttarakhand for your vacay, make sure it is a road trip. A road trip to Uttarakhand will keep you close to nature, the roads are dotted with greenery and seasonal flowers on both sides, and in some of the stretches, you can also find a river flowing by on one side of the road. If you want to make your trip interesting, you can opt for the unexplored places in Uttarakhand. So, let us quickly discuss some of the beautiful places in this state that will make your vacation memorable.
9 Hidden places to visit in Uttarakhand
If you want to be in a tranquil place for some days, you should definitely head to Khirsu. You will find green Oak, Deodar forests, and apple orchards in abundance here. Perched in the lap of Garhwal hills, this is one of the most beautiful hamlets that you will find here. And if you want to try some adventure activities here, you can do that too. This is a great place for nature walks and trekking.
- Best time to travel: June
- Things to do: Trekking, nature walking, visiting temples like Ghandiyal Devi temple and Kandoliya Devta temple
Munsiyari is one of the top destinations in Uttarakhand that is known for trekking trails. It is the base camp for Khalika Pass, Milam, Ramalam, Chiplakot Bugyal, Khalia Top, and Namik trek. The place is serene and perfect for peace lovers.
- Best time to travel: March to June, Mid-September to October
- Things to do: Trekking, Bird watching, exploring Tribal Heritage Museum, Maheshwari Kund, Kalamuni Top, Birthi Falls, Thamari Kund, and Panchachuli Peak
It is not only an unexplored place but also counted as one of the spiritual places in Uttarakhand. It is an ideal place for the nature-buffs, and you will also be able to spot wild animals and birds here. You will be able to enjoy the view of four peaks from Binsar, such as Kedarnath, Nanda Devi, Shivling, and Trishul.
- Best time to travel: October to March
- Things to do: Visit Kasar Devi temple, Golu Devta temple, Zero Point, and Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
Chakrata is one of the best hill stations in Uttarakhand that everybody who loves nature should visit. Although the destination is mostly opted by people who are fond of skiing, rafting, trekking, and cave tours, you can also choose to relax in your hotel room and take nature walks whenever you feel like it. The place is perched at an elevation of 7000 feet from sea level and is blessed with beauty and charm.
- Best time to travel: April to June, September to November
- Things to do: Deoban, Tiger Falls, Budher Caves, and Chilmiri Neck
A must-visit place in Uttarakhand, especially if you are tired of the hustle and bustle of city life. You will fall in love with the place as you can witness snow-capped peaks like Nanda Devi and Panchachuli from this destination. Whether you want to go trekking or photography, whether you want a break from city life or want to spend some time with your friends, Kausani is the place you should visit.
- Best time to travel: March to June
- Things to do: Exploring Rudradhari Falls, Baijnath Temple, Kausani Tea Estate, and Anasakti Ashram; shopping at the Mall Road
You will find this hamlet dotted with deodar and alpine forests and you will be filled with the sweet smell of the fruit orchards. What makes this place even more beautiful are the backdrops of Nanda Devi, Chaukhamba, Trishul, and Panchachulu peaks. You will also be able to see tea estates that make the most of the parts of Chaukori verdant.
- Best time to travel: March to June; September to November
- Things to do: Trek to Dharampur, Musk Deer Park, Berinag, and Patal Bhuvaneshwar; witness splendid sunrise and sunset
Named after Bhima from Mahabharata, Bhimtal is also an offbeat place that is popular for its natural beauty and the lake that is located in the center of the town. Whoever wants some privacy or solitude should visit this place.
- Best time to travel: April to June
- Things to do: Visit Hidimba Parvat, Victoria Dam, Butterfly Research Centre, and Folk Culture Museum
If you are looking for religious places in Uttarakhand, then you must head to Hemkund. You can find hot water springs here which are believed to have medicinal properties. Taking a dip here can cure several skin diseases. When you are done taking a dip in the water of the hot spring, you can then pay a visit to Hemkund Sahib.
- Best time to travel: May to June, September to Mid-October
- Things to do: Visit Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara and the Valley of Flowers
Landour is a picturesque town that you must visit on your road trip to Uttarakhand. And once you are there, you must visit the German Bakery to find the freshly baked bread and cakes. You can also visit Ruskin Bond’s home here. This place is filled with peace and you are surely going to have a great time here.
- Best time to travel: April to June
- Things to do: The Haunted House, Landour Bakehouse, Char Dukaan
While you are planning your road trip to Uttarakhand, you can consider taking a self-drive car rental service. The car on rental from Revv is affordable and your trip will be super convenient. You can get started with it by downloading the Revv app on your phone and the check out the cars to book one from them.