Hyderabad is considered by many of its residents as one of the best places to live in the country and the amusement parks and picnic places are an integral part of the Hyderabad experience. There are many picnic places in Hyderabad which are a favorite amongst locals and the same goes for the amazing amusement parks which are very popular amongst youngsters. Here are the choicest of these places, which guarantee a fun filled day.
19 Best Amusement Parks and Picnic Places in Hyderabad
- Jalavihar Water Park
- Ocean Park
- Dream Valley Water Park
- Escape Water Park
- Wonderla Amusement Park
- Leonia Splash
- Mount Opera Water Park
- Snow World
- Ramoji Film City
- Lumbini Park
- Nehru Zoological Park
- NTR Gardens
- Kasu Brahmananda Reddy Park
- Indira Park
- Flipside Adventure Park
- Sky Zone Hyderabad
- Sanjeevaiah Park
- Sudha Car Museum
- M. Birla Science Museum
1. Jalavihar Water Park
Jalavihar Water Park is one of the largest amusement parks in Hyderabad, and a much sought after destination. Families often visit this water park to beat the heat during the summer seasons.
- Timing: 11 am to 7 pm
- Address: 22/9, Necklace Rd, Hussain Sagar, Khairtabad, Hyderabad, Telangana
2. Ocean Park
Ocean Park is also one of the water parks that are a favourite of many people. The best thing is that it has rides for all age group of people. Another good thing about the park is that the tickets are reasonably priced.
- Timing: 11 am to 7.30 pm
- Address: Hno 8-21, Survey No: 166, 167, 168 & 169, Shankarpalli Rd, near CBIT College, Gandipet, Hyderabad, Telangana
3. Dream Valley Water Park
Dream Valley Water Park is a resort and water park where you can have a truly fun-filled time with your loved ones. There are several rides for the visitors, and some of them are separate for the kids.
- Timing: 9.30 am to 6 pm
- Address: 8-2-577/B, MAAS Heights, 3rd Floor, North Wing Besides Syndicate Bank, Rd Number 8, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana
4. Escape Water Park
The rides at Escape Water Park are thrilling and will give a good adrenaline rush. You can take your children to this water park without a second thought. The entry fee of amusement and water park is not at all heavy on the pockets.
- Timing: 11 am to 6 pm
- Address: House No. 22, 7/125, Fort Grand Road, Rallaguda Rd, Near Panchvati Park, Shamshabad, Hyderabad, Telangana
5. Wonderla Amusement Park
Wonderla Amusement Park is one of the best amusement and water parks in Hyderabad that offers unlimited hours of fun and thrill. You can avail the water rides and even chill in the pools here.
- Timing: 11 am to 6 pm (Monday to Friday), 11 am to 7 pm (Saturday and Sunday)
- Address: Nehru Outer Ring Rd, Exit No. 13, Ravirala, Hyderabad, Telangana
6. Leonia Splash
Leonia Splash is popular for the surfing ridge here, which is first in the country. You will certainly have a wonderful time here with the number of fun slides and rides.
- Timing: 10 am to 6 pm
- Address: Bommaraspet, Shamirpet, Hyderabad, Telangana
7. Mount Opera Water Park
Located slightly in the outskirts of Hyderabad, Mount Opera Water Park is one of the water parks that is highly frequented by visitors. You can have numbers of entertainment options for each age group of people here.
- Timing: 10 am to 7 pm
- Address: Omnitech InfoSolutions, 1st Floor, Bulding No 17, Badi Chavdi, Main Rd, Gautam Nagar, Kachiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana
8. Snow World
Snow World is the best place to escape the summer heat. The place offers various activities such as Bumping cars, trekking, ice skating, and toboggan.
- Timing: 10.30 am to 9 pm
- Address: Survey No. 54, Lower Tank Bund Rd, Hyderabad, Telangana
9. Ramoji Film City
Ramoji Film City, the largest film city in the world, is spread across an area of 2500 acres and one of the most visited places in the city. The film city is also listed in the Guinness Book of World Record for housing over 50 full-fledged film sets at a time.
- Timing: 9 am to 5.30 pm
- Address: Hyderabad, Telangana
10. Lumbini Park
Lumbini Park is famous for the laser light and the sound show, and is one of the best picnic places in the city. You can also take boat rides in Hussain Sagar Lake here.
- Timing: 9 am to 9 pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Address: Opposite Secretariat New Gate, Hussain Sagar, Khairtabad, Hyderabad, Telangana
11. Nehru Zoological Park
You can have a lovely time at Nehru Zoological Park with your family and friends. There are more than 1500 species of animals that you can spot here. This is one of the largest zoological parks in the Asia.
- Timing: 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Address: NH 44, Bahadurpura, Hyderabad, Telangana
12. NTR Gardens
NTR Gardens is surrounded by verdant greenery and splendid view. You can have a wonderful time with your dear ones. This is an apt place for picnic with family and friends.
- Timing: 24 hours
- Address: NTR Marg, Central Secretariat, Khairtabad, Hyderabad, Telangana
13. Kasu Brahmananda Reddy Park
Kasu Brahmanandha Reddy Park houses various species of reptiles and mammals. There are also over 600 species of plants and trees in this park.
Timing: 5.30 am to 10 am; 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm
14. Indira Park
While you are in Indira Park, you will be able to spot sandalwood trees. You can also spend time in the rock garden in this park.
- Timing: 8.30 am to 7.30 pm
- Address: Lower Tank Bund Rd, Domalguda, Kavadiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana
15. Flipside Adventure Park
From Bulls Eye to Shooting, from Rock Climbing to Go Karting, there are endless options to have fun and thrill at Flipside Adventure Park. You can also have some mouthwatering food here.
- Timing: 11.30 am to 12 am
- Address: ISB Rd, Financial District, Nanakramguda, Hyderabad
16. Sky Zone Hyderabad
If you are planning to take your kids out, you can take them to Sky Zone Hyderabad and they will thank you for the next three months. Kids can enjoy their best here with variety of games and also they are offered absolutely delicious food. However, you have to choose a certain package.
- Timing: 11 am to 8 pm
- Address: Survey No: 46/A 47/A, Shankarpalli Road Near Ocean Park, Gandipet, Kokapet, Hyderabad, Telangana
17. Sanjeevaiah Park
Located at the Necklace Road, Sanjeevaiah Park is one of the best picnic spots in the city. The greenery and fresh environment at the park will keep you rejuvenated for the entire day. There is a lot of space for the kids and adults to play various kinds of games here.
- Timing: 8 am to 7 pm
- Address: Hussain Sagar, Khairtabad, Hyderabad, Telangana
18. Sudha Car Museum
Sudha Car Museum is one of the most unique tourist attractions in Hyderabad. It is a handmade car museum which has numbers of cars in almost each shape from handbags to stilettos, etc. There are more than 30 types of bicycles here and train with a seating capacity of 10 people.
- Timing: 9.30 am to 6.30 pm
- Address: 19-5-15, 1/D, Bahadurpura X Rd, APHB Conlony, Bahadurpura West, Hyderabad, Telangana
19. M. Birla Science Museum
B.M. Birla Science Museum is a great place to take your children to. They will not only enjoy here but also learn a lot of about science.
- Timing: 11.30 am to 8 pm
- Address: Near Birla Mandir, Saifabad, Adarsh Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana
While many youngsters these days prefer to stay indoors against going out with their families, a visit to any of the above mentioned picnic spots and amusement parks provides a great option for family bonding. These can be visited by Hyderabad residents and tourists alike. To avoid any surprises, it is prudent to check the updated opening and closing time before leaving for these attractions. And in order for them to manage the commute they can choose the self drive car on rent in Hyderabad by Revv.