Revv partners with Mobileye to reduce road accidents & promote safety
Self-drive car rental in India is a recent phenomenon and Revv has carved a niche in this space by providing all features that an end customer can possibly think of. We’re continuously progressing towards the goal of being a household name for all self-drive needs in India. Available in 11 major cities, we’ve recently partnered with Mobileye, an Intel company, to reduce road accidents and promote road safety.
The current grave scenario
A survey done by Ministry of Road Transport & Highways clearly states that 84% of the road accidents are due to drivers’ fault where they lose attention of the road due to use of mobile phones, driving while fatigued, unintentional lane changing etc. This means, alerting the driver in the last crucial seconds before an accident could prevent over 3 lakh accidents annually and possibly save more than 1 lakh lives!
This was exactly the burning thought behind this partnership. Since its inception, Revv has a policy of putting customers first by taking measures such as implementing speed warnings and driver behaviour monitoring systems to act as safety nets.
The Partnership and Mobileye’s Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS)
Mobileye is implementing ADAS technology in our cars which will alert drivers prior to a potential accident, allowing them to react accordingly and mitigate or completely avoid the accident.
How does it work?
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Alerts the driver of an imminent collision with the vehicle ahead.
- Headway Monitoring & Warning (HMW): Shows the driver the distance to the vehicle ahead (in seconds) and alerts if the distance becomes dangerously close.
- Pedestrian and Cyclist Collision Warning (PCW): During daylight hours, alerts the driver of an imminent collision with a pedestrian or cyclist.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): Alerts the driver of unintended lane departure.
- Speed Limit Indication (SLI): Recognizes and reads speed limit signs (including electronic signs) and notifies the driver, if over-speeding.
And here comes the most awaited result!
Over the 3-month period of a pilot run with ADAS technology, we experienced a 74% decrease in accident rates. Riding on this huge success, we’re now rolling out the system across our entire fleet of 800 cars. Safe Revving!