No matter how busy we are, we all want to spare some time and spend it with the love of our life, don’t we? If you too are looking for that time eagerly, then winter is the right time to plan a trip with your partner to a place where you can make beautiful memories. You can find some of the most romantic places for couples in Karnataka where the two of you can spend quality time together. From hills to waterfalls, from beaches to palaces and forts, you can find a place that suits your taste and make the trip even better for you. Here are some of the places to visit for couples in Karnataka mentioned for you.
7 Top Romantic Destinations in Karnataka in 2022
This tiny town is one of the perfect places in Karnataka where you can spend some memorable time with your loved one. The weather here is perfect and you can even take strolls hand-in-hand with your partner. The place is also popular for its coffee plantations; therefore, do not forget to take a walk through them. And if both of you like trying adventure activities, you will get several trekking spots here. You can book your stay at a resort or a homestay and relax with your bae in this one of a kind of place.
- Best time to travel: September to June
- Things to do: Trekking, Float in coracle in River Cauvery, Visit Abby Falls, Overnight camping, and rafting at Barapole
If you are tired of the high-paced life in the city, you should visit Madikeri. It is a quaint town which is not only calm and beautiful but also free of pollution. The valleys here are verdant green and the aroma of coffee will fill your soul, especially if you are a coffee lover. Along with all these lovely things, the weather is equally good and worth appreciating, and which actually makes Madikeri one of the best romantic places in Karnataka. Make sure you spare some time to witness the splendid sunset here.
- Best time to travel: December to February
- Things to do: Exploring coffee plantations, Visting Omkareshwara Temple and St. Michael’s Church, Visiting Madikeri Fort, Taking long strolls, and enjoying the peaceful surroundings
If you want to visit one of the best honeymoon places in Karnataka, then it has to be Gokarna. While the Western Ghats are on one side of this place, the Arabian Sea is on the other side. This place is apt for couples who are fond of water bodies. You can choose to relax at a resort here or indulge in the various water activities. This place is just the right choice if you are new in the relationship and need some time to know each other.
- Best time to travel: October to February
- Things to do: Explore the Nirvana Beach near Kumta, Enjoy your time at a treehouse, Collect beautiful shells from the beach, Take a boat ride and spot dolphins, get a couple massage, Take a picture during sunset
Mangalore is also one of the romantic places in Karnataka that have still kept itself quiet and slow, unlike the cities. You can appreciate the architectural temples here and visit the beautiful beaches and relax under the swaying coconut palms. If you are on your honeymoon, you can start the new phase of your life by being at this slow-paced place. While you are here, you must try the sumptuous authentic Kannada cuisines.
- Best time to travel: September to April
- Things to do: You can enjoy the view of the sunset near the Netravati bridge, take a stroll in the beach hand-in-hand, Pay a visit to the Chandragiri Fort, Visit Pilikula Botanical Garden, and St. Lawrence Church, and enjoy your time at Adyar Falls
If you are the kind of person who cannot start the day without a mug of coffee, you have to visit Chikmagalur. You will wake up to the aroma of the freshly brewed coffee. This has always been the favorite destination of couples in Karnataka as apart from the best coffee you can also enjoy the scenic landscape here along with the awesome weather. You can also try several couple activities here.
- Best time to travel: September to May
- Things to do: Go camping, Try trekking and rafting, Take a stroll through coffee plantations, Enjoy your time at Hebbe Falls, Go for a Jeep Safari to Jharui Falls, Visit Sharadamba Temple
Are you interested in wildlife? If so, head to Dandeli. You can visit the wildlife sanctuary here and also participate in various adventure activities. Dandeli houses thick woods, green valleys, clear rivers, etc. It is a great place for adventure lover couples.
- Best time to travel: October to May
- Things to do: River rafting in River Kali, Crossing River, Kayaking, Wildlife Safari in Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, Mountain Biking, Natural Jacuzzi Bath, Hike to Syntheri Rock, Coracle Boat Ride, Jungle Camping, and Bird Watching
If ancient temples and architecture fascinate you, then it is time for you to visit Halebeedu. A trip to this city in Karnataka and you can explore the ancient temples and their remains, architecture, sculptures, etc. It is a thinly crowded place and you can get enough time to spend with each other and know the city without any hassle.
- Best time to travel: October to February
- Things to do: Indulge in shopping at local markets, Visiting the ancient temples and open-air archeological Museum, Try the water sports at Yagachi Dam
These are some of the best places for couples in Karnataka that you must visit once at least. To visit these places conveniently, you can take a car for rent from Revv. To check out the cars and book one, you can download the Revv app on your smartphone.