15 Best Summer Vacation Destinations Around Delhi
We all have heard and know about the long and prickly summers in Delhi. This season in particular is not preferred by majority of the people due to the intense heat. The temperature rising to 45 degree Celsius can pose as a health issue for any person. Well, don’t get worried and plan a trip to the best places to visit near Delhi-NCR in summer. The difficult part is choosing the destination that suits your needs, as there are numbers of them. Let’s take a look at some of the options available and understand what they offer.
Tourist Places Around Delhi in Summer:
- Lodhi Gardens
- Kingdom of Dreams
- Lotus Temple
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
- Dilli Haat
While there are many things to see in Delhi-NCR this summer, Shimla which is a short drive away also offers plenty. The average temperature in Shimla during the summers is around 18 degree Celsius. You can try adventure sports, sightseeing, trying local cuisines, and do a lot of shopping.
- Distance from Delhi: 340 km
- Tourist attractions: The Ridge, Mall Road, State Museum, Scandal Point, Jakhu Castle
Nainital is one of the most sought after places near Delhi-NCR for summer holidays. The serene lakes and pleasant weather makes this place a perfect destination to escape the scorching heat during the summers.
- Distance from Delhi: 299 km
- Tourist attractions: Nainital Lake, Cave Garden, Sattal Birdwatching, Naina Devi Temple, and Snow View Point
Must Read: Places to Visit in Delhi That Will Leave You Mesmerized, to Say The Least
This hill station looks even better during the summers. So, when you are looking for places near Delhi-NCR for summer holidays to spend some quality time, choose Manali sans a second thought.
- Distance from Delhi: 536 km
- Tourist attractions: Rohtang Pass, Hidimba Temple, Bhrigu Lake, Solang Valley, etc.
Spend your cozy time here in the beautiful cottages, while sparing some of it for admiring the waterfalls. You will not regret Mussoorie as your choice of summer sanctuary.
- Distance from Delhi: 285 km
- Tourist attractions: Bagh Garden, Kempty Falls, Gun Hill, Christ Church, etc.
Lonsdowne is one place where you will be able to see the thick oak and pine forests. The tranquil beauty of this place will compel you to come here again and again.
- Distance from Delhi: 248 km
- Tourist attractions: Valley views, British colonial architecture, Himalayan Views
Bhimtal is one of the quick summer weekend getaways from Delhi-NCR. You can go for treks, do camping, enjoy paragliding, and at the end of the day, spend your time at the cottages. Your summer weekend is sorted.
- Distance from Delhi: 300 km.
- Tourist attractions: Lakes, aquarium, etc.
Dalhousie is situated at an elevation of 2000 meters above sea level. This is one of the hill stations near Delhi-NCR for summer vacations where you can take your family too. Dalhousie is also popularly called as ‘Mini Switzerland’.
- Distance from Delhi: 560 km
- Tourist attractions: Panchpula Waterfall, Chamera Dam, Khajjiar lake, Dainkund Peak, etc.
This is one such destination where you just want to laze around. Free from all the chaos of the city life, Kasauli can be your perfect summer weekend retreat.
- Distance from Delhi: 293 km
- Tourist attractions: Christ Church, Hawa Ghar, Sunrise Point, Gilbert Trail, Nature Camp
Must Read: Unexplored Recreational Spots for Camping near Delhi That You Ought to Try in 2020
If you want to add some adventure to your trip, you must choose Kufri. Located near Shimla, Kufri offers adventure activities like river-rafting, go carting, paragliding, and valley crossing to the tourists. To make it even more interesting, you can try horseback riding in the valleys and steeps here.
- Distance from Delhi: 364 km
- Tourist attractions: Forest sanctuaries and adventure parks
While you are in Delhi, you must not miss the chance to visit Leh-Ladakh. You will not only spare yourself from the scorching heat in the city, but find a completely different world in this destination. Leh-Ladakh is breathtakingly beautiful and you will not get over the place, that’s for sure. The activities you can indulge yourself into are river rafting, trekking, biking, and camping,
- Distance from Delhi: 1200+ km
- Tourist attractions: Pangong Lake, Magnetic Hill, Nubra Valley, Shanti Stupa, Tso Moriri Lake, etc.
There are many hill stations near Delhi-NCR for summer vacations, but it all depends upon you whether you want to spend the holidays in a serene environment or add some fun and adventure as well. But if you are not able to manage time and have to spend you weekend in the capital city of the country itself, you still have several summer vacation destinations in Delhi-NCR.
11. Lodhi Gardens
This garden was set up between the 15th and 16th century by Sayyid and Lodhi rulers. It is a popular spot now for tourists during summers.
- Entry fees: Free for all
- Visiting time: All days of the week from 6 in the morning till 7:30 in the evening.
12. Kingdom of Dreams
The first live entertainment, leisure and theatre destination in India, Kingdom of Dreams is located in Gurgaon. This is one place where you will experience Indian culture, cuisine, art, craft and heritage under one roof.
- Entry fees: Rs 600 onwards and the packages start from Rs.1099 onwards
- Visiting time: All days of the week, except Monday from 12:30 pm till 12 am.
13. Lotus Temple
Lotus temple was basically Baha’i house of worship but people of all faith can visit there. It is an apt place for the ones who love peace.
- Entry fees: Free for all.
- Visiting time: All days except on Monday from 9 am till 5:30 pm.
Must Read: Places to Visit Near Delhi to Witness Snowfall in 2020
14. Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
You haven’t been to Golden temple yet? Don’t feel sad. You can experience almost the same atmosphere in Gurudwara Bangla Sahib. This was once the home of Raja Jai Singh, which later was converted into a Gurudwara.
- Entry fees: Free for all.
- Visiting time: Open on all days.
15. Dilli Haat
Dilli Haat is one place where you can tickle your taste buds with cuisines from various states, where you can buy various handicrafts, bags, different fabrics, and even enjoy music on some days.
- Entry fees: Rs. 30 per person for Indians (adults), Rs. 10 for children. Rs. 100 while for foreigners.
- Visiting time: 11 am till 9 pm.
Delhi itself is a tourist destination, and no matter it is summer or winter, you can any day go to places in the city and places around it to revive yourself.