The Garden City of India, Bangalore (Bengaluru) has always been known for its booming IT sector. But that’s not the only thing about Bangalore that attracts people from all across the country. There are so many places in and around this city that you can explore, and you will not be disappointed for sure. Moreover, if it is about the summer vacation, Bangalore should be on your top list. Let’s take a look:-
Best Summer Vacation Destination Near Bangalore in 2020
- Nandi Hills
- Horsley Hills
1. Nandi Hills
Located at the nearest proximity, Nandi hills is perhaps one of the most popular and preferred places to visit near Bangalore in summer vacation. The pleasant weather and the breathtaking sunrise make it the apt destination for travelers who want a short trip.
- Distance from Bangalore: 58 km
- Things to do: Visiting Tipu Sultan’s summer palace, watching the sunrise, trying paragliding
2. Horsley Hills
Not a very popular one, but the picturesque views and pleasant weather of these hills have been attracting a lot of tourists lately. Many wild animals and birds are found in these hills.
- Distance from Bangalore: 153 Km
- Things to do: Visiting Horsley hill museum, Highview Sight point, Mallamma Temple
Coorg is another popular name among the hill stations near Bangalore for summer vacations. The greenery in abundance, serpentine roads, coffee plantation, can make your summer vacation absolutely soothing.
- Distance from Bangalore: 255 km
- Attractions: Try Golf and trekking
Though located in Tamil Nadu, you can reach Ooty in just 6.5 hours. The lush greenery in this hill station is surely going to make you forget all your worries for some time. While you are in Ooty, don’t forget to see the beautiful tea gardens.
- Distance from Bangalore: 272 km by road, 47 km by toy train that connects Ooty.
- Things to do: Visit Doddabetta Peak, St Stephen’s Church, Ooty Lake, Deer Park, Emerald Lake, and Kalhatty Waterfalls. Take Nilgiri Toy Train rides, boating in Ooty Lake, and hang gliding at Kalahatti
If you want to go for a good trek this summer, choose Chikmaglur without a second thought. The eye-catching mountain trails, the sights of Bhadra and Tunga River are worth witnessing.
- Distance from Bangalore: 244 Km
- Things to do: Visit the Kondadarama Temple that has a blend of Hoysala and Dravidian styles of architecture, the St. Joseph’s Cathedral, and the Jamia Mosque
To truly unwind yourself, you must make a plan to visit Kemmangundi. The peaceful lush mountainscape and the waterfalls like Kalahasti and Hebbe will certainly detox your mind.
- Distance from Bangalore: 245 Km
- Things to do: Views of the waterfalls from the peaks
Quite a popular name among the trekker’s fraternity, Kudremukh is filled with verdant slopes, beautiful waterfalls, and several types of rare orchids. Even if you don’t like trekking, Kudremukh can still be a prudent idea for a peaceful summer vacation.
- Distance from Bangalore: 350 km
- Things to do: Visit the Jamalabad Fort, Lakya Dam, Radha Krishna Temple, trekking
Agumbe is a small hill station, situated at a height of 826 meters. This place can be visited any time of the year to witness the mesmeric scenic beauty and streams. You can also opt for trekking.
- Distance from Bangalore: 340 Km
- Things to do: Visit Lord Gopalakrishna temple, a 14th-century temple that has Hoysala art, trekking
Yana is one of the best places to visit near Bangalore in summer. The evergreen forests of Sahyadri Mountains, the rock formation, oozing waterfalls, and the holy temple can make your summer vacating experience a serene one.
- Distance from Bangalore: 460 Km
- Things to do: Trekking, rock formations, visiting the Yana temple
Though the main attraction in Yercaud is the lake located in the city center, but you can also go ahead and see the spice plantation and orange grove.
- Distance from Bangalore: 228 km
- Things to do: Enjoy the view of Kiliyur Falls, trekking in Shevaroy Hills, visit Shevaroy Temple
The unruffled Sakleshpur has striking mountain views. The spice, coffee, and tea plantations that cover the slopes enhance the beauty of this destination.
- Distance from Bangalore: 221 km
- Things to do: Visit Manjarabad Fort, Shri Ankleshwar Swamy Temple, Sakleshpur Lake Park
Wayanad is situated in the north-eastern part of Kerala, but is a weekend retreat for people living in Bangalore. The clear lakes, deep valleys and lush greenery make this a perfect tourist destination.
- Distance from Bangalore: 280 km
- Things to do: Visit heart-shaped lake, Chembra Peak, Meenmutty Falls, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, etc.
Apart from the arresting lush greenery, Skandagiri is a favorite destination for the trekkers. The 10 km trekking starts after 10 pm. The trails are well-organized; therefore, a perfect one for the novice trekkers.
- Distance from Bangalore: 62 kms from Bangalore
- Things to do: Trekking, Papagani Temple, and Tipu Sultan’s fortress
Shivaganga is known as Dakshina Kashi. The bull, sculptured marvel of ‘Nandi’ is one of the main attractions of this place. You can also indulge yourself in adventure activities like rock climbing and trekking.
- Distance from Bangalore: 50 kms
- Things to do: Visit Gangadhareshwara temple, Nandi Statue, Patala Gange, and Olakala Teertha
This hill heaven is not as explored as the other ones in the list. One of the perfect summer vacation destinations in Bangalore, Anthargange has some enthralling caves that are formed by rocks. The dark and mysterious caves are just apt for the curious adventure lovers. Apart from caving, you can also go for trekking and rock climbing.
- Distance from Bangalore: 67 kms
- Things to do: Visit old temples, witness natural springs, trekking, rock climbing, caving
There are number of things to see in Bangalore this summer and around the city for that matter. However, you need to spare some time from your busy schedule and plan a trip during the hot summer days.