Weekend Getaways from Pune – You Shouldn’t Miss
Pune is undoubtedly the city for youngsters whether to study, earn livelihood or for enjoying weekend trips. This city offers attractive destinations that are perfect for spending a pleasant time with your friends and family. These summer weekend getaways from Pune are known for their picturesque locations and charisma.
15 Best Weekend Getaways from Pune
- Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bedse Caves
- abcLohagad Fort
- Murud Janjira
1. Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary
Wildlife enthusiasts can enjoy their best time at this wildlife sanctuary in Koyna where both Shivasagar lake and the Western Ghats make the difference. This sanctuary is categorized in different form as Mahorkar, Indavli Met and Vasota. The total area of this sanctuary is 420 sq km where most of the parts are covered by forest.
- Special attraction: Jungle Safari, photography, wildlife expeditions, and picnic.
- Distance from Pune: 183 km
This famous beach is one of the best places to visit near Pune on weekend as it offers white sand beaches along with the crystal clear water where you can enjoy water sports like Kayaking, scuba diving, and Banana Ride. The marine life in this place is well preserved so that you can enjoy watching some of the aquatic creatures underwater.
- Special Attractions: Rafting, deep sea, boating, swimming, gliding, excursion, and parasailing.
- Distance from Pune: 388 km
Diveagar, a small village located in the Raigad district and is known for serene and inviting beaches. The sand spread between Shrivardhan and Harihareshwar covers 15 km which is suitable for getting engaged in various activities like beach walk.
- Special attractions: Sightseeing, surfing, and visiting temples.
- Distance from Pune: 170 km
4. Bedse Caves
This Buddhist cave is known for its green vegetation and scenic view. You can experience this adventure by climbing the 400 steps stairs in the cave for you to witness the panoramic view of the cave. The view is indeed a delight for your eyes and makes your trip more interesting and exciting.
- Special attractions: Paragliding, excursion, photography, and picnic
- Distance from Pune: 40 km
This riverside destination is a perfect place for a weekend trip in monsoon as the destination offer thrilling water sports. The Kundalika River makes your trip satisfactory and memorable with the numerous sites and enchanting views. Kolad is an amazing place near Pune for weekend and is a famous picnic spot.
- Special attractions: Laddering, rope climbing, kayaking, canoeing, and rappelling.
- Distance from Pune: 194 km
Make your journey more satisfying with the views of the Konkan railways to reach an altitude of 700 metres in the southern range of Sahyadri hills. Amboli is counted among the best hill stations near Pune for weekend. The lush green surroundings and the vegetation present a magnificent view and is a preferred destination for newly married couples.
- Special attractions: Rock climbing, trekking, and rappelling.
- Distance from Pune: 340 km
The place is mostly known for the musical sea waves and its location being far away from the fast paced city. Kashid is the place for romance by getting lost in solace. You can engage in various water sports and feel the adrenaline rush adding some excitement to your trip.
- Special attractions: Jet skiing, canoeing, kayaking, beach biking, photography, and picnic.
- Distance from Pune: 171 km
This weekend you can plan a trip to Dehna for enjoying the rejuvenating attractions and charm of the place that is almost a fairyland indeed. The mountains, shrines, and the streams create the magic in this area inhabited by the tribals.
- Special attractions: Biking, beach rides, jungle safari, and firefly tour.
- Distance from Pune: 281 km
Velas is an amazing place which is famous for the Olive Ridley turtles as they came every year in this beach for hatching eggs. You can experience the view of the little turtles that come out from the eggs and walk into the sand. This scenic place is also famous for forts, beaches and delicious Konkani cuisines.
- Special attractions: Beach biking, watching turtles, and photography.
- Distance from Pune: 194 km
Lavasa is one of the best hill stations near Pune for weekend and summer vacations as the destination is perfect for long rides and breathtaking views. You can drive from Pune and enjoy the heavenly view on the way to this place. You can find small hills, lush greenery, and waterfalls.
- Special attractions: Nature walks, adventure sports, rappelling, rock climbing, and waterfall safari.
- Distance from Pune: 185 km
The ancient place located in the Satara district of Maharashtra is connected with the epic Mahabharata. People believe that Pandavas stayed in this Kingdom during their exile. Apart from this, Wai is now counted among the summer weekend getaways from Pune for a leisure stay.
- Special attractions: Heritage walks, long drive, and ancient temples.
- Distance from Pune: 88 km
12. Lohagad Fort
Lohagad Fort is a gorgeous and attractive hill station near Pune for weekend. The place is located at an altitude of 3400 feet and looks beautiful from the hilltop. The fort and mountains all around make this place worthy for weekend trips.
- Special attractions: Photography walk, boating, and hiking.
- Distance from Pune: 65 km
Sinhagad is a majestic hill that is suitable for weekend trips and offers the view of green mountains, panoramic view of the entire area and extraordinary landscapes. People can enjoy clicking pictures and getting engaged in adventure activities.
- Special attractions: Photography and hiking.
- Distance from Pune: 30 km
14. Murud Janjira
This 15th-century fort is considered as the strongest marine forts in the country and is located on an oval-shaped rock. You can enjoy the boat ride while visiting this fort that is filled with lots of excitement and thrill.
- Special attractions: Beach strolling, sunset views, and boat ride.
- Distance from Pune: 195 km
Monsoons are coming to make this place more beautiful as it lies between the Western Ghats and Vashishti River. Chiplun is one of the best places to visit near Pune on weekend for those who are in search for solitude.
- Special attractions: Waterfall hikes, photography, and beach strolling.
- Distance from Pune: 240 km
These awesome places near Pune for weekend give us a chance to enjoy with our loved ones or an experience of solo adventure. They give us a welcome distraction and help us break the monotony of life.